
Just as the title states October is National Down Syndrome Month. A little known fact maybe because October is also National Breast cancer Awareness Month; an equally important topic. There are lots of things for everyone to get involve with and in most areas it is kicked off with a Buddy Walk(for DS support). In our area there is the Puget Sound Buddy Walk and in South Eastern WA there is the Tri-City Buddy Walk. There is a link for the Down Syndrome Assc. of the Mid Columbia in the sidebar. For us on the dark side; you can go to Pugetsoundbuddywalk.com and find info there. For those of you in other parts of the country you can go to the National DS Society linked in the sidebar.If you can - get involved it's tons of fun. Even in the rain.
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted this. i have been wanting to do something fun and this is it. I'll let you know what I end up doing!
I'm going to check into this. One of the other young women's leaders I work with has a DS son and this would be a fun thing to do with her family and the young women, if there is a walk in our area which I sure there would be in Portland.
Post a Comment