Thursday, March 12, 2009

From the mouths of little children...


I am amazed everyday at the silly things kids say. A few days ago Miss M was telling me about how I am 3 things; A mom, a daughter, and a wife. She then became a little sad and said "I wish I was 3 things."

I replied, "You are! You're a daughter and a sister and a grand daughter! Those are very important things too!"

She then blew me away with her very quick and joyous response, "Mommy! I'm 4 things!!! I'm also a child of God!"

Okay so I have been thinking how cute she is and just laughed about our little conversation we had as I was making dinner. But I am just now realizing that at such a young age she knows she is a child of God and even had to remind me of this. What a very special thing to know and be. That should have been the very first thing on the list. I hope she never forgets and that I will always remember.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a sweet little girl! We can always take their examples, ad apply them to our lives, right?

Jessica F said...

So cute! That is very sweet that she said that. I love what little kids say...And yay for getting Marshall in the snow! Lets hope for some nice weather!

Robin and Stephenie said...

I am so glad we have little kids to remind us who we are. huh.

Monique said...

This is why we need those sweet little spirits around. They sure are good at reminding us of what we need to do and who we are. Good job Madi!

Anonymous said...

I love That Madi-girl. She should come visit me this summer!!!