
This last week, with the help of my sis-n-laws, I tried my hand at canning. I've never canned really. I've been present every year for Applefest. But my parents have always done the actual canning. So this was my first real attempt. The fruits of our labors was 30 QT. jars of peaches that are so good and about 78 pint jars of salsa. And we only had 1 broken jar. SWEET! I really want to try some out jam making. So that will may be my next canning adventure.
5 comments:
Wow! Thats awesome! Looks like you got that down pretty good. Imagine all of the possiblities you could do with canning...doesnt that just get you excited? Anyway, glad to see your experiment turned out well. Your food storage should be HUGE now!!
I have actually never done canning, but I loved homemade, canned salsa. I wish I could have some right now!!! I'm pretty impressed "little miss homemaker!"
You are so brave!! Looks yummy! I love all your vacation pictures!
hey girl! nice work on the experiment. it looks like you'll have something to stock the shelves this year! Sure do miss ya! Your little family is adorable! btw--Miles and I started a blog... milesandtiff.blogspot.com.... check it out!
Tiff found my blog so I stalked you from her blog.... I hope you don't mind but you are going to be added to my list of friends:)
Post a Comment