Friday, October 24, 2008

Three things I love about...

Ben
1) His boyish laugh and charm
2) His stinning blue eyes he passed on to Marshall
3) His strength and dedication
4) His love for his family
Madilynn
1) Her curly hair she wouldn't be Madi w/o it
2) Her enchanting spirit
3) Her humor and whit
4) Her love for her brother and Dad
(she does think I'm pretty cool too - I think?)
Marshall
1) His smile and captivating eyes
2) His contagious spirit
3) His courage
4) His love for Buzz Lightyear
Myself
1) My easy going nature
2) My relationships with my family anf friends
3) My ability to redo leftovers
4) My eagerness to learn
Well is turned in to 4 things because it was really hard to narrow the list down to 4; 3 things was just not doable. I also had to add in Myself. Right now I am on a journey to liking myself more and focusing on my good qualities while still improving in certain areas like being punctual. Sometimes I get down on myself because I get so caught up the things I am not doing (like the kids only getting 4 servings of veggies in a day) that I forget to give a little pat on the back for all the things I do.
So I want everyone to give themselves a little pat on the back. Look at all the amazing things you accomplish everyday.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Holy cow Allison, if only everyone had it so together as you do!!! I have always thought so. You are such an inspiration to those around you, one would never think that you had anything to work on:)! I know we all have things to improve on, but seriously I have always thought you were an incredible girl. I guess I don't share those thoughts enough. I wish we could hang out again:)! And congrats on getting your kids 4 servings a day... that is pretty darn good!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Alli. It's true how we mothers all get down on ourselves because the dinner dishes didn't get done or the laundry is piling up but I really liked what Pres. Monson said about finding joy in the journey and you are an example of that. Thanks sista.

Emily K. said...

You are an inspiration to me too, Allison. You are such a great mom, and a wonderful person. My house is mostly always dirty, and my kids never, ever get 4 servings of veggies a day, let alone 1!

Anonymous said...

I would like to add that I, too, appreciate Ben's "boyish laugh and charm." Great post, I think Rach should do one of these and then she could just go on and on about how great I am. But seriously, you gals are awesome and I don't think 3 or 4 is even close to enough.