Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple Fest 2008

Every Fall we pick apples with my dad. We then use the old cider press Ben and his dad restored to make apple cider. What ever apples we have left we make applesauce with. This last weekend was the picking of the apples!
Marshall loved picking apples. He didn't just want to put them in the box. He wanted to pull them off the tree. Most especially the ones that were out of his reach. So I got my work out lifting Marshall up to pick apples.Madilynn and her cousin Zoe had more fun laughing at each other than doing anything else. Those two are so crazy!

The most memorable event of Apple Fest 2008 goes to the dead skunk carcuss hanging from one of the apple trees. We most certainly did not pick any apples from that tree. Katrina really wanted to get a picture by it but I couldn't bring myself to even go down that row of trees. So my next canning adventure will be apples. I think I'm going to attempt making some kind of special applesauce like cherry applesauce or maybe blackberry. Who knows maybe I'm just being lofty.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun! I bet you got your work out lifting that cute boy of yours up, my little stinker wants to be just like the big boys too! How about apple pine apple sauce, that might be good, i'll send the pineapples but you have to send me some of whatever you create, I bet it will be good! can't wait to see what you come up with!

Emily K. said...

We love picking apples! How fun that your parents are close enough for you to be able to keep up your traditions. Good luck with the applesauce!

Monique said...

That looks fun! It's great that the kids love it too. Can't wait to come over during your apple press day. I remember last year...yumm!

Dani Cloud said...

Cute pics. That's cool that Marshall wanted to help. Must have been a good workout. So we need to take the kids to Remlinger Farms. We only have a few weekends left. Tina wants to go Saturday. What do you think?

NaDell said...

Those apples look delicious.
Good to know that you didn't go close to the skunk. Gross! You'd think that they would take care of that. Or was it to keep birds away or something? Hmm.
Looks like you're having a great time.

Anonymous said...

man, sounds like I missed out this time. Dead skunk in a tree? that's cool.

AndersonFamily said...

that looks like so much fun!!! the apples look great and i am so impressed at all the things you can! i would have stayed as far away from that skunk as possible too! thanks for all your cute comments on our blog! i would love to travel up there sometime, i miss washington. i think evie and maddie would be good buddies!

Tina and Blake said...

Sounds like fun! I'm interested to try your mad mixology sauce. Good luck!

Kelsey said...

Allison that Halloween party actually wasn't ours. It was the Perry's? party. I'm not sure if that is their last name. That party was fun though. I remember playing the UNO game where the cards get thrown at you. The guys also played some music downstairs like they were in an LDS Primary Rock Band. GOod Stuff.