Monday, October 27, 2008

Silly Childhood Obsessions

Madilynn
Peppermint Soup -This water with peppermints stirred into it.
Stamp line - Everyone stands in a line and gets a stamp. She talks about it almost every day.
Apple Seeds - Not kidding every time I cut an apple she want the seeds so she can grow them.
Maracas - I have no idea. She just loves them.
Making houses - She loves to make houses out any thing for just about any thing. Every time it is a different doll or imaginary pet.
Making scary noises - She loves to make scary hissing noises to scary away the wildlife. Mostly racoons.

Marshall
Hoodies - Hoodies make him feel safe. I had to go buy a bunch of hoodies becuase the only way I can get him out of a dirty one is to put a clean one right back on.
Buzz Lightyear - He loves loves loves Buzz. End of story!
Putting Stickers on Uncle Chuckie's Missionary Calander - One day I found him standing on top of a bar stool holding on to the frindge for dear life yelling and pointing to put some stickers of the calander. He knows no fear.
Yoga Ball - He loves to grandpa yoga ball out of his room and roll the things all over the house. Almost everyday it is in a new spot.
Closing Doors - The kids is OCD about doors. Sometimes when I'm holding him if he wants to close the door bad enough he will grab on the the door jam as we're walking thru the door. And
he holds on until I say okay you can close the door. Who does that?!?!?!
Throwing his cars down the stairs - I'm sure other kids love to do this too. But he's almost 3 I thought he would be tired of that thrill by now.

I think it is so funny how little kids gain their own likes and personalities. It's fun to watch them evolve in to quirky little people. Sometimes I get tired of the bowls of pink peppermint soup or tripping over the gigantic yogo ball that is in the middle of a dark room but in the end I just shake my head and laugh!

4 comments:

Monique said...

Cute, fun facts. I had no idea about these little obsessions. It's funny how kids find things they just LOVE! It seems so silly to us, but to them it's do or die! You're kids are cuties!

Anonymous said...

I love this. It's so funny and puts a big smile on my face. I'm so glad that you are smiling at these cute and perhaps sometimes annoying things that your kids do because, as you know, one day they'll stop and you'll miss them. Keep smiling Al.

Riggs Familia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON! at least I think it's today!

Jessica F said...

Allison,

We definitely can do that:) Whenever the time draws near and you want to plan something let me know so I can plan as well. We can be as creative as we want!